Landscape and Long Exposure Workshop
Typology: Photographic weekend with tutor and post-production sessions
Data: Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th November 2018
Language of the event: Italian and English
In the gallery you can see some of the spots that will be photographed during this workshop
Saturday 17 November 2018
- 6:00 am Meeting of the participants at the lakefront of Lesina for a briefing and for the first shooting session at dawn.
- 9:00 am Transfer by car to Peschici. Along the way we will have the opportunity to stop and take photographs of many of the most iconic scenery of the Gargano's North Coast (Torre Mileto, Foce Varano, Capoiale are the different hypotheses to be assessed at the moment according to weather conditions).
- 12:00 am arrival in Peschici and lunch.
- 2.00 pm Afternoon session in the different spots that offers the extraordinary coastline around Peschici at sunset.
Moving to San Giovanni Rotondo and check-in at the structure identified (3 stars hotel) for the night.
- 7.30 pm Dinner and, forward, the evening will continue with the review and postproduction of the most significant shots of the day.
Sunday 18 November 2018
- 5:00 am Departure to Vieste to be ready and capture the sunrise in one of the most characteristic points of the Vieste coast.
- 9:00 am Moving to next spot for the second shooting session of the day.
- 12:00 am Return to San Giovanni Rotondo and Lunch
- 3:00 pm Review of the shots of the day with practical examples of post-production dedicated to long exposure both B / W and color.
- 5.00 pm closing of the event
Participation fee: € 190.00 per person (2 days / 1 night) - Single room supplement € 20.00 per night per person.
THE PARTICIPATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Full board treatment in a 3* hotel in San Giovanni Rotondo from the first day dinner to the lunch of the second;
- Packed breakfast on 18/11;
- Lunch of 17/11 in a restaurant in the Peschici area;
- Water and wine included with meals;
- Photographic coaching during the entire weekend and two post-production sessions dedicated to the development of long exposure images;
- Ima Assistenza Italia insurance coverage for medical expenses and baggage;
- VAT, taxes and service percentages;
THE PARTICIPATION FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All transfers are a participant's charge;
- Entrance fees and guided tours;
Difficulty of travel:
The tour, as organized, is accessible to anyone, there are small trips on foot on the beach with the overcoming of slight gradients.
The days could be long and tiring since sunrise until the sunset and the blue hour, being a photographic tour is obviously required a bit 'of spirit of adaptation and the desire to get fantastic images.
The recommended clothing is a comfortable and waterproof trekking clothing in layers so you can cope with the different situations we might encounter. The shoes that I would recommend are trekking boots in gore tex, even if we don't have to cross rivers or streams, it could be necessary to put our feet in the water in order to get the perfect framing.
Max number of participants
The maximum number of participants is limited to 10 peoples. This maximum limit, in the interest of the participants, can not be exceeded. The workshop will be confirmed with a minimum number of 5 participants.
Participants are requested to register in and confirming by 03/11/2018.
During the day will be offered advice and suggestions on all issues related to landscape photography: from the composition to the use of the camera, from the correct exposure to the choice of the most appropriate focal lenght, from the study of the best spots and will be given mainly emphasis on long and very long exposure techniques.
Assuming that you can make good photography by any means, we recommend a basic kit: a reflex / mirrorless (no matter whether it is Canon, Nikon, Sony or other), a wide-angle and a telephoto lens, a solid tripod and a remote control (recommended).
A set of filters is strongly recommended for those who want to experience the long exposure technique in person. It is advisable to have at least one ND 10 stop filter and a Graduated ND filter (you can find it on Amazon at an acceptable cost).
Support and technical organization:
Evviva Viaggi - Tour Operator
Piazza Europa, 114
71013 San Giovanni Rotondo (FG)
Tel 0882 412703 - 0882 459065 - Fax 0882 1995769